With the end of 2021 finally passed and as we enter our third year of a global pandemic, I made a self conscious decision to decide on what my 2022 resolutions would be early. I have been feeling in a slump the 2nd half of the year, and whether that was because of my surgery and not being 100% myself, or the never ending changes going on in our world, I knew I wanted to give 2022 the year to beat. One of those resolutions: create more. So here I am and here are my 2022 Resolutions.
1. Create more - whether it is with my camera, my iPad, my words or just my hands, I want to spend 2022 working on the crafts I cherish. My photography definitely has taken a back seat and even more so, this little piece of the internet with my blog and my YouTube channel. I love creating content, I just think I got lost a little along the way. In 2022, I want to work on more photo projects, I want to write more (maybe even get a jumpstart on the book that has been playing around in my head for oh so long), I want to shoot more, I want to design more.
2. Be okay with change - I never really noticed I had a problem with change until this year. Or maybe, I did but I never really acknowledged it. Anytime there is a slight change to the system, my anxiety goes up. This year, and really ever since COVID-19 became a global pandemic, change is a constant presence in my life. Working in the medical field, change was daily at the beginning, then weekly, then monthly. I like having a plan and those are hard to come by and stick with when you are facing tweaks to your every day life. 2022 - I want to be okay with the constant change and to stop let it have control of me.
3. Don't be afraid to say something - I live my life in a way where I don't say what I probably should say. I am a people pleaser, so I want to help people and not be a burden (hi, there's that anxiety again), but I've realized - this is hurting me emotionally and mentally. I am holding back my thoughts and feelings because I don't want to make someone else feel bad, but in turn its making me feel bad.
4. Be productive - I struggled A L O T with productivity the last two years (can I still blame the pandemic?!) and it sucks, because I want to create more, i want to do more, but I just... don't. I hate that I feel like I abandoned writing or creating youtube videos or my photography. Those are all key parts of who I am, and I feel like I have been neglecting them. In 2022, I want to get back to creating more and pushing myself.
5. Smile more - Growing up - I H A T E D my smile, the right side of my mouth lifts higher than my left side so it shows my gums more. On top of that - my teeth have never been perfect and about 4-5 years ago at a work party, I dove too far down in the pool and chipped a small piece of my front tooth, so add that to my insecurity list. I never wanted to smile with my teeth but when I am happy, like genuinely and honestly happier, my smile is my entire face, so I stopped myself from feeling that. Recently though, I have been falling more and more in love with my smile and in turn, I have been smiling more and more with my entire body. In 2022, I want to continue to fall in love with my smile and keep smiling more.
6. Learn more about my beliefs - I am a completely different person from when I started this little blog 6 years ago and in that, my beliefs have shifted. In 2022, I want to delve more into what I believe and learn even more than what I already know.
Alongside these 6 resolutions, there are a couple more closer to my heart I would like to work on, so I am really shaping 2022 to be THE year. Hopefully I can uphold these resolutions and start working on them immediately. What are your 2022 resolutions? Are they the same as last year? Are they new?
"If it scares you, it might be a good thing..."